An ambitious 13-year project to investigate and preserve objects from Gallipoli battlefields has finally been completed with almost 2000 items ranging from rumble to barbed wire, ball hole and an old lunken box uncovered. The completion comes as 1200 people last night pilgrimage to the coast of Anzac Cove on the Gallipoli peninsula in Turkey to honor the thousands of young Australian and New Zealand lost there from April 25, 1915.
Exactly 103 years after The fateful landed on Anzac Covees beaches, a moving dawn service honored the ultimate sacrifice of 11,000 Anzacs and shelter their motherhood and courage.
At the same time, a project that started back in 2005 finally finished with a publicly available detail detailing the incredible findings from the Gallipoli battlefields, where so much blood was wasted.
Started by former Australian Prime Minister John Howard and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the world's most comprehensive battlefield archeological survey revealed things that sparked a lifetime on the frontline of Turkish and Anzac troops, uncovered trenches where men fought, lived and dead and crawled everyday products like bottles of beer and belt buckles.
The database is the final phase of the project and allows the public to review the artifacts and learn more about the terrible bloodbath in 1915, which killed 8700 Australians, 2700 New Zealanders, 21,200 British troops, 10,000 French, 1350 Indians and 49 Newfoundland troops.
More than 87,000 Turkish soldiers also died in their successful defense of the peninsula.
The study of Australia, New Zealand and Turkish was launched after roadworks were carried out on a peninsula without an examination of which objects the construction works were disturbed.
Interior Minister Peter Dutton, who spoke from Gallipoli, said that the database was the result of five seasons of archaeological studies on the battlefields and would help bring the story from Anzac to new generations of the Australians.
"This remarkable database will add new layers of insight into our understanding of the Gallipoli battlefields," he said.
The service on the coast of Anzac Cove saw Australian, New Zealand and Turkish flags traveled slowly over the beach where so many young men were dead.
A lonely piper played as a wreath was praised for the fallen against a simple sandstone wall with the word Anzac.
The service was conducted in English and partly in Maori languages, and New Zealand's Secretary-General Peter Kelly and several other senior New Zealand military figures had Korowais, traditional Maori Jackets woven of feathers and presented as a sign of respect.
May-Gen Kelly said the vast majority of young Anzacs who landed on the beach behind him 103 years ago had never been on fire before.
"Too many would be their last day on earth. The physical and psychological shock of the game was almost overwhelming." 19659002] The Royal Australian navy band, St. James from Sydney and New Cross The Zealand Defense Force Band played the whole service, including the moving hymn of the lost soldier, O Valiant Hearts.
Crowd speech was last year when a terror threat slashed the volume to 700 and there was heavy security on the Gallipoli Peninsula.  Many of them in the crowd had red poppies and some killed in the Australian flag.
A Turkish army official read the reconciliation words of Turkey's World War II Commander and later President Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, written in 1934.
" The heroes who cast their blood and lost their lives are now lying in the ground of a friendly country.
"There is no difference between Johnnies and Mehmets to us where they are next to each other."
Another service was also held at Lo ne Pine Cemetery, several hours after tomorrow's service.